Losing weight is a tedious task that requires our full focus and commitment. This is because you need to make a few sacrifices and push yourself to certain limits to burn all that excess fat. For some people, however, the weighing scale just does not come down even after all those efforts. This is because every individual has genetics, medical conditions, and different body types that determine a person’s ability to lose weight. Thankfully, ayurvedic medicines are an ancient method proven to give results regardless of all these factors. The best ayurvedic herbs for weight loss are very effective.
With Ayurveda, weight loss isn’t that difficult when you just do it the right way. Here are the best ayurvedic herbs for weight loss that can help anyone lose weight naturally without any side effects
Read more: Kidney stone pain relief a home
- Ayurvedic herbs for weight loss
- Reasons for weight gain – According to Ayurveda
- Ayurvedic medicines for weight loss
Ayurvedic herbs for weight loss
Ayurveda is a wellness system that originated in India around 5000 years ago. This wellness system focuses on mindful nutrition, stress reduction, and the cultivation of a balanced lifestyle. This ancient system seeks to promote health, prevent disease, and ensures longevity through simple guidelines and ayurvedic herbs. The Ayurvedic way of dealing with obesity involves the usage of Ayurvedic medicines for weight loss. These medicines and formulations are prepared from powerful Ayurvedic herbs. They can help you naturally lose weight without any side effects.
Read more: Home remedies for migraine
Reasons for weight gain – According to Ayurveda
According to Ayurveda, each one of us is born with this tri-doshas (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha) in different proportions. These are blueprints for our bodies. The tri-doshas account for our body type, skin color, physical appearance, behavioral patterns, health, mood, etc. All three doshas are involved in determining one’s weight. It is, however, the Kapha dosha, the combination of water and earth, that is a major player that determines one’s body weight. It provides physical structure to the body and ensures the smooth functioning of all the parts of the body.
An imbalance in Kapha dosha hampers the lubrication, structure, and unity in the body. This leads to a stubborn and lazy mentality which in turn promotes fat accumulation in the body. This accumulation of fat leads to unhealthy weight gain. However, with the help of Ayurvedic medicines for weight loss, one can healthily lose weight. Here are a few effective ayurvedic herbs for weight loss that you can try to lose weight naturally.
Read more: Home remedies for acidity
Ayurvedic medicines for weight loss
1. Triphala for belly fat
Triphala powder is considered one of the best ayurvedic herbs for weight loss. This is because triphala is a combination of three fruits. These fruits are the Indian gooseberry, the black myrobalan, and the belleric myrobalan. These are excellent sources for enhancing the digestion process. As a result, triphala boosts metabolism, cleanses your body from impurities, and aids in weight loss. Triphala for belly fat is therefore effective.
How to use it
- Take a teaspoon of Triphala powder and mix it in 1glass of hot water.
- Then consume this mixture two hours after dinner and one hour before breakfast.
- Repeat this daily for better results.
Punarnava is an excellent Ayurvedic remedy for weight loss. This is because the herb has the ability to balance all three doshas. The diuretic properties of this herb rejuvenate the kidney cells and help to balance the body fluids. Punarnava for fat loss thus works by eliminating the waste from the body. It also helps in managing digestive issues. The herb, therefore, helps lose weight in a healthy way. Punarnava is therefore one of the best ayurvedic herbs for weight loss.
How to use it
- Take a teaspoon of Punarnava powder and mix it in a glass of hot water.
- You can also use buttermilk, jaggery, or milk instead of water.
- You can then consume this daily on an empty stomach.
3. Amla ayurvedic remedy for weight loss
Amla is loaded with amazing health benefits for the human body. It boosts our metabolism and effectively removes the toxins from the body. It is also very helpful for maintaining a healthy digestive system. Amlas are thus effective ayurvedic herbs for weight loss.
How to use it
- Wash the amla and cut them into small pieces.
- Then crush the pieces in the blender and extract the juices.
- Mix one teaspoon of amla juice to three teaspoons of water.
- Then drink this every morning on an empty stomach.
4. Vijaysar ayurvedic herbs for weight loss
Vijaysar is a popular Ayurvedic remedy for weight loss. According to Ayurveda, Vijaysar is a ‘Medohara’. It helps dissolve the unwanted fats from the body. The antihyperlipidemic properties of this herb reduce overall cholesterol levels and reduce excess fat.
How to use it
- Take the Vijasar wood and cut it into small pieces.
- Then put 3 or 4 pieces in the water and boil it till the colour of the water changes to red.
- Drink this every morning in an empty stomach.
- You can then use the same Vijaysar two times.
5. Guggul ayurvedic remedy for weight loss
Guggul/Guggal is the sap obtained from Commiphora mukul. It has been used in the Ayurvedic system for centuries. Guggelsterone is the chemical compound present in Guggul. This compound helps in lowering cholesterol levels in the body and aids in weight loss.
How to use it
- Mix one part of Guggul with two parts of black pepper.
- Then set it aside and consume it with water after meals.
- You can then repeat this thrice a day after each meal for better results.
Thus, the best ayurvedic herbs for weight loss, paired with regular exercise and a healthy diet, help you lose weight naturally without any side effects. So, an ayurvedic remedy for weight loss is just a few simple herbs away! From triphala for belly fat, to punarnava for fat loss, there is no dearth of ayurvedic options.