Fossil, the legendary watch brand, has made a solid reputation for itself in the smartwatch space. They are also one of the very few watchmakers that stick to Google’s Wear OS platform. Fossil Gen 5 is the fifth and latest edition of their premium smartwatch series. Fossil claims that Gen 5 is their best smartwatch ever and is vastly superior to its previous smartwatches.
So, how is the Fossil Gen 5 smartwatch different than the other watches? What are the features and functionalities of this smartwatch? Check out this Fossil Gen 5 smartwatch review by Qalfit.
Fossil Gen 5 Smartwatch Key Specs:
- 1.28” AMOLED display
- Accelerometer, Altimeter, Ambient Light, Compass, Gyroscope, Off-body IR, PPG Heart Rate
- Bluetooth 4.2 LE, Wi-Fi, GPS, and NFC connectivity
- Smartphone connectivity (Android 6.0 or iOS 12.0 and above)
- 3 ATM water resistance.
- 1GB RAM, 3 GB storage
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 3100 processor
- Google Wear OS
- 310 mAh battery.
Fossil Gen 5 Smartwatch Key Features:
- The Fossil Gen 5 packs a watch-first design approach with a bright, Always-on AMOLED display. It has a sharp pixel density of 328 PPI and three buttons on the side.
- This watch packs a powerful hardware section with 1GB RAM and Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 3100 processor powered by Wear OS. So, you can expect a buttery smooth performance all day long.
- It has sleep tracking, activity tracking, heart rate tracking features. It can track a lot of workouts and monitor your heart rate in the background occasionally.
- You can answer calls using the built-in microphone and speaker, receive and reply to texts with a tap, pay with Google Pay, and do much more with Wear OS.
- It comes with improved battery performance. It has 4 battery modes-daily mode, extended mode, time-only mode, and custom mode to help you manage your battery life.
- It comes in five variants- Carlye HR black silicone, Julianna HR black stainless steel, Julianna HR blush leather, Carlyne HR smoke stainless steel, and Carlye HR rose- gold-tone stainless steel. The best thing is that they all come with the same price tag.
- Bright AMOLED display
- Watch-first design approach
- Accurate fitness tracking
- Built-in speaker performance is average
This smartwatch is one of the best Wear OS smartwatches in the market right now. Although it lacks a few finer features that would make it an absolute match to the new Apple Watch Series 6, the premium look combined with smooth performance certainly delivers an amazing experience to the user. So, if you’re looking for a high-end smartwatch for less than INR 25k in India, Fossil Gen 5 is an attractive proposition.
Cost: INR 22,995
Check Full features: Fossil Official