Nike Free series has been in the market since 2005 and over the years the Nike Free shoes have pushed the design and the cushioning aspects to provide the best barefoot running experience for those who prefer that. Nike Free RN 5.0 2020 is the latest edition of the Nike Free series and Nike markets the shoe as one of the best trainers for short distances that give you a barefoot feel. They also say that it is intended to be used as a strengthening tool to help promote natural motion.
So, is this the best foot strengthening shoe in the market? Can we use it as a daily trainer? Check out this detailed review by Qalfit
Read more: Nike Zoom Winflo 6 review
- Designed to fit like skin.
- Low foam density lets your foot feel connected to the ground.
- The unique shoe design allows for multi-directional flexibility.
- Rubber pods on the forefoot and heel to enhance traction with every step.
- Double hot-knife cuts on the outsole and side of the midsole for optimal flexibility.
- An updated lacing system keeps your foot secure while you run.
· Brand: Nike
· Model: Free RN 5.0
· Type: Minimalist shoe
· Weight: 340 grams appx.
· Forefoot stack height: 14mm
· Heel stack height: 20mm
Nike Free RN 5.0- Positives:
- If you’re a minimalist shoe lover, you would absolutely love Nike Free RN 5.0. Free RN 5.0 has a new groove system with a lot of cuts through the foam across the foot to maximize flexibility. This creates a barefoot sensation with every step.
- The Nike Free RN 5.0 has a futuristic design that most of us would fall for. The sleek lines and sharp angles on the shoe give you an ultra-modern vibe when you look at it.
- An updated design and modified midsole foam provide more flexibility than its predecessor. The midsole of the Nike Free RN 5.0 is much firmer than the previous versions and is made up of a single piece of dense elastomeric polymer (EVA).
- Most of us would think that the slits of the outsole would trap stones and small things between the grooves, looking at the design, but this is where Nike did a great job. They designed the slits so well to give us an authentic ‘barefoot’ feel and managed to avoid this problem at the same time.
- The shoe is available in various colours and Nike also gives you an option to customize the colours on different parts of the shoe and design your own shoe.
Nike Free RN 5.0- Negatives:
- This shoe is absolutely not suitable for long-distance running above 10 km. The midsole construction doesn’t support hardcore running-sessions.
- Although Nike Free RN 5.0 does a good job of repelling small stones and debris, it is not entirely fool-proof. You might want to avoid this shoe on off-road training as every stone or pebble can be felt through the bottom of the shoe.
- Since it’s not intended for long-distance running, you cannot expect great durability. The midsole will lose cushioning over time and the outsole rubber will wear down faster than most of the shoes.
Read more: Best Nike running shoes 2020
Nike Free RN 5.0 is one of the best Nike running shoes that boasts a lightweight design and uber flexibility, but you can’t use it as an all-day running shoe. It is a specialist’s tool intended for strengthening the muscles and joints in your legs to improve your running form. So, if you’re a runner who likes close to the ground sort of running experience Nike Free RN 5.0 is one of the best shoes out there.
Qalfit feature rating: 4.5
Qalfit comfort rating: 4.8
Qalfit durability rating: 4.4
Price: INR 7995