Just one month into 2020 and we already had a near WW III experience, natural disasters of biblical proportions and now an even more serious one- a likely pandemic, the Coronavirus outbreak.
Allegedly said to have originated from the illegal animal market in the Wuhan province of China, Corona is a large group of viruses, which can infect both humans and animals with cold-related diseases. The intensity of the infection ranges from the common cold to serious respiratory infections.
It is believed that the new Coronavirus transmits like other viruses and flu infections.
- Direct contact with infected patients.
- Droplets via air when the patient is sneezing or coughing.
- Contact with patient’s tools and directly touching the nose, mouth or eyes.
|Shortness of breath||Vomiting||Diarrhoea|
In advances cases, the patient can have very serious complications like severe pneumonia and kidney failure, which can even lead to death.
Sadly, No. There is no treatment or vaccine until now. Supportive medical care is given to help relieve the acuteness of the symptoms and control complications.
- Clean hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub.
- Cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or flexed elbow.
- Avoid close contact with the patients.
- Thoroughly cook meat and eggs.
- Stay home when sick.
Although the information related to the disease, its signs, modes of transmission and even the sources of infection is very limited, international healthcare experts all around the world are working with WHO to find out more about this virus and hopefully, we will find a way to solve this Corona crisis.