- The types of information collected by Qalfit and its partners through the Services and the purposes for which we use it.
- How Qalfit collects, stores, and shares your information.
- Your rights with respect to such information collection.
WHAT KINDS OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Information which is automatically collected
Certain information about your visit can be collected when you browse websites. When you browse the Website, we, and in some cases our third-party service providers, can collect the following types of information about your visit, including:
- Domain from which you accessed the Internet
- IP address (an IP or internet protocol address is a number that is automatically assigned to a device connected to the web)
- Approximate geographic location based on the IP address of the user’s local system
- Operating system (which is software that directs a computer’s basic functions such as executing programs and managing storage) for the device that you are using and information about the browser you used when visiting the site
- Date and time of your visit
- Pages you visited
- Address of the website that connected you to the Website (such as google.com or facebook.com)
- Device type (desktop computer, tablet, or type of mobile device)
- Screen resolution
- Browser language
- Time spent on page
- Scroll depth – The measure of how much of a web page was viewed
- User interaction events (e.g. clicking a button or clicking on an ad)
How do we use this information
- To help make our site more useful to you. For example, based on the history of articles read by you on the website, we determine a more relevant set of articles to recommend to you for further reading, in our recommended articles section, or as part of our infinite scroll functionality, or through browser notifications.
- To collect aggregated data on site usage. For example, based on the distribution of visitors across different geographies, we tune our marketing outreach in those geographies.
- To help place more relevant and personalized ads. For example, we use your ad interaction data to cap the frequency of an ad being shown to you, and to show ads that are relevant to your location, or relevant to the content you are browsing, or similar to products that you may have shown interest in, (by clicking) in the past.
Information which you may provide
We collect information including your email address or mobile phone number to deliver alerts or e-newsletters. We use this information to complete the subscription process and provide you with information. You can opt out of these communications at any time by editing your subscription preferences.
From time to time, we may offer promotions on the Services. Such promotions may ask for your name and contact information in order to register you for the promotion.
How do we use this information
We use the above information to send you newsletters, respond to customer service requests, administer your account, respond to your questions and concerns, provide more personalized recommendations and notifications etc.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use your information: (1) with your consent for the reasons that you provide such information, and (2) for the purposes set forth below:
To provide and enhance the Services
We use the information we have to deliver and enhance our services, including to personalize features and content and make suggestions for you on our Services.
We use your Personal Information to process your transactions, send you confirmations, to respond to your requests, and for any related communications.
We use the information we have to improve our advertising systems so we can show you relevant ads and measure the effectiveness and reach of ads and services. We may use your Personal Information for other marketing and market research purposes to learn more about our users. We will only contact you for direct marketing purposes in accordance with applicable laws.
We use your information to allow us or third parties to deliver ads based on your interests on our sites, affiliated sites or third party sites. Our retargeting activities abide by the NAI code of conduct.
We may store details of your visits to our websites and your electronic interactions with any emails that we send to you (“Usage Data”) under a pseudonym (i.e. not under your name but under an ID number), including the pages you visited and services you used. We use such Usage Data to help us learn more about our users’ preferences, to be able to tailor our websites according to your interests and preferences, to help us address problems with and improve our site design, products and services, to analyze trends and statistics and to present content in the clearest and most friendly manner for you.
Communicate with you
We use your information to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Services and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
HOW AND WHEN DO WE SHARE OR DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
To Enhance our Services
We may share your information with third parties who provide services on our behalf to help with our business activities such as ad technology providers, email service providers, data analyzers and business intelligence providers for the purpose of enhancing our products and services. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us. These third parties currently may include: Appnexus, Criteo, District M, Facebook, Google, Index Exchange, OpenX, Yieldbot, Insticator, Carambola, SparcMedia.
Third Party Marketing
We provide advertisers with reports about the kinds of people seeing their ads and how their ads are performing, but we don’t share information that personally identifies you (information such as your name or email address that by itself can be used to contact you or identifies who you are) unless you give us permission. We may request to share your information (including email address) with third-party business partners so that they can market their products or services to you. Before sharing your information for this purpose, however, we will disclose the proposed sharing to you and obtain your consent, or opt-in, to such sharing. If you do not opt-in, we will not share your information for this purpose.
Third Party Services
When you interact with a third-party advertiser in our Services, the content creator or advertiser can receive information you share with them, as well as the information needed to complete the transaction, including medical information and contact details.
We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. We may disclose aggregated, non-personal information about website users without restriction.
YOUR RIGHTS: PERSONAL INFORMATION ACCESS, RETENTION, CORRECTION, DELETION, AND CHOICE
For European Union Users
- You can choose to opt-in or opt-out of allowing the use of your PII data for any or all of the following purposes: Analytics, Improvement of Services offered on the Website (Cookies), Marketing (Advertisements) by sending us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can change your opt-in/ opt-out preference at any time.
- Your PII data will be stored, tracked, used or shared only if you have explicitly opted in to allow us to do so.
In the default case (you have not provided your opt-in, opt-out choice), your PII data will NOT be stored, used, or shared. Note that non PII data may still be stored, used and shared. For example, you might still see advertisements on the Website, but these ads will not be targeted or personalised based on your PII data.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received, and take various precautions to protect information from loss and misuse. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to this Policy
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from our Website about children under the age of 13. We request that persons under the age of 13 not use our Website without supervision from a responsible adult. We will never request Personal Information from a child under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has sent Personal Information to us without prior parental consent, we will remove his or her Personal Information from our files.
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2018 – 2020 White Oceans Internet Private Limited. All rights reserved.